Monday 19 November 2012

The Secret Footballer

Much speculation surrounds the true identity of 'The Secret Footballer' ever since his Saturday columns in The Guardian started.

Under the pseudonym he lifts the lid on the game with true stories from the changing room, on the field and his own experiences off the field. There has been much speculation that he is Dave Kitson who does appear to fit in with most of the clues from the players column. He doesn't however seem to be a perfect match for all of them.

When you read the book (Well recommended I couldn't put it down), you will perhaps draw your own conclusions or then again favour the Kitson or Danny Murphy theory. I have my own theory as to his identity and have never stated what this belief is. I could well be wrong, but when I suggested it to a certain journalist that I know, his response seemed to indicate that I could be right! Or maybe he was kidding!

We will all have to wait until the day he does reveal his identity or when someone else spoils the mystery by leaking it to the media. Personally I hope that his identity is kept secret until he himself decides to reveal all!

Robbie Savage and Stan Collymore, two ex pro's now heard on the nations airwaves are said to know his identity. Indeed Stan dropped a few clues a couple of weeks ago.

He played for two clubs that Shaun Derry has played for.

His first name is where a rivalry starts.

If I were to give you the biggest clue, it would be Game Over! That is a clue in itself!

You can follow him @tsfguardian on twitter and for those sleuths amongst us try the website www.whoisthesecretfootballer.co.uk

Do buy the book though, it's a great read!


No comments:

Post a Comment