Wednesday 8 October 2014

Non League Saturday

Quite often during the international breaks we are encouraged to take in a lower league or nin league game.

During the last break I managed to get to the Lincoln City v Grimsby Town match. A real Lincolnshire Derby with plenty of pride and passion.

Lincoln is the city where I currently live and my brother is a season ticket holder. 

T,hey have reached the second tier of football in the past, but they currently languish in the lower half of the National Conference.

A club that has had such players as John Fashanu, Mick Harford and the excellent Trevor Peake, now struggles to attract crowds much more than a couple of thousand fans.

On Saturday my ten year olds team, the North Lindum Hawks will be visiting adding some much needed support to the Imps.

I will be there with him.

So where are you going on Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment