Sunday 1 March 2015

Points of View

In today's game fans can engage in banter, chat and exchange points of view via social media. The fact is that it's a useful tool to cast opinions and participate in debate both with fellow fans and also tv and radio phone ins.

It's healthy and the way it should be. Debate is healthy. Expressing ones opinions is healthy

The fans who pay large sums to go and support their team should be allowed to express their own points of view.

We live in a society where we have the privilege not afforded to some countries under control by extreme regimes. I for one treasure our Right to express our own opinions.

We as fans pay over the top ticket prices to watch our teams of highly paid players represent our club. Playing professional football is a privilege restricted to a gifted few.

All we ask as fans is that those wearing our shirts do their best to perform well for our team.

When fans have coughed up good money to follow their team, there is nothing more irritating than those who criticise others for having a point of view.

I myself have been on the receiving end for daring to criticise players for performing badly or indeed for daring to question a managers decision.

I like most people have got it wrong from time to time. That's normal though. If any of us were perfect, we would all be millionaires.

I judge players on the last match they have played on a game by game basis. Praise for a good performance and criticism if they have had a stinker.

When I go to work, I would expect my boss to have a good old moan at me had I not completed my work tasks to his satisfaction.

Social media sees a coming together of many different points of view. Whilst I may argue and disagree with some posts, I will defend the right of the poster to have those opinions.

Most of my followers and those I follow can have a good sensible exchange of views. Those who feel they can't bare to read them need only press the Twitter unfollow button.

No comments:

Post a Comment