Friday 11 December 2015

Wednesday on a Sunday

So we left Hillsborough with a point a clean sheet and still having lost only two games so far this season..

It was a scrappy game with very few chances created throughout. Our hosts are a side that I tipped to be in the top six this season and I stand by that prediction.

An awkward side to play against, I for one am not too disappointed with the draw. 

We now look forward to the visit of Brighton on Saturday who still have their unbeaten tag intact. It must go sometime and what better time than this coming Saturday. 

What we do know about The Seagulls is that they are a side that doesn't know when they are beaten. Last weekend they came from two goals behind to defeat Charlton. 

Like all fans I am delighted with the Position that we currently sit in. I am a little concerned though that we don't currently have the places to adjust to a 4-4-2 formation for when the usual 4-3-3 isn't working. 

I'm sure that Paul Clement will have that in mind when the January transfer window happens. Michail Antonio and Charlie Austin have been mentioned as potential targets. I'm sure that the left back position will be kept under review too. Stephen Warnock has done great so far in deputising for the injured Forsth, but he is approaching the twilight of his career and maybe fitness will come into play as the season moves in to the New Year.

Tom Ince hasn't had the best of games lately and it wouldn't surprise me to see him rested on Saturday although I am not a fan of Johnny Russell playing on the Right. 

So Brighton at home on Saturday it is with the result being important for both teams. The biggest game of the day and how good it is to see us return to Saturday st three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment